Tuesday, March 24, 2015

My path of life to Happiness :)

A very good day to every person reading this little blog of mine :)
 
 
For the people who dont know me, I'm a Cancer Survivor :) Its been 7 months now since I was diagnosed with CANCER - Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I had 4 cycles (8 sittings) of chemo and had my last chemo 3 1/2 months ago.
 
 
I just wanted to share my thoughts on the things that I felt sharing :) This is my pic- 3 and a half months post chemo :)
 
My first blog on 'My Fight against the dreadful disease - Cancer' went viral and it was published in many magazines including Dinamalar, Dinakaran, Tamil Hindu online, Malligai Magal etc. Hundreds of unknown people contacted me via mails/calls/messages - Some gave me their confidence and some got confidence from me. Others got their technical/emotional questions clarified. It was overwhelming to know that I could be of some help to the people around me..
 
 
I am still fighting the side effects of chemotherapy. There are alternative medicines being discovered. I wish some day, it gets approved by the medical fraternity so that it benefits everyone in the world.
The things I wish to say below are not coherent or rather they are a bunch of learnings that I wish to share with you all

  • I used deodrants previously and sometimes I used to get rashes or burning sensation when I use them. I sometimes had bruises using them. I've stopped using deodrants completely now since I have a mildest doubt if that was playing a 0.0000001% for the cancer I had since Lymph nodes also exist under the arms. I use perfumes instead. So the gyan here is, not to stop using Deos. Use it only if you need them. Do not use deos when you are at home during nights. And if your body is sensitive, try using it above your clothes or change the deo. Think and act!!

  • For girls, please change your sanitary napkins atleast 2 times a day. That means, 3 pads atleast per day - and clean every time you do the change - this can prevent cervical cancer.

  • Please eat a bowl of fruits and few nuts twice atleast every week and also, try to have a small fruit everyday - antioxidants
When it comes to antioxidants, most of us know what they do for our health, as they help our body kill bacteria and fight free radicals that damage healthy cells and our DNA. Without antioxidants in our diet, we increase our susceptibility to cancer cells and premature aging.
From google: These are the list of anti oxidants and the list of foods that contain them.
 
 
Allium sulphur compounds: Leeks, onions, garlic
Anthocyanins: Eggplant, grapes, berries
Beta carotene: Pumpkin, mangoes, apricots, carrots, spinach, parsley
Catechins: Red wine, tea Copper: Seafood, lean meat, milk, nuts, legumes
Cryptoxanthins: Red peppers, pumpkin, mangoes
Flavonoids: Tea, green tea, red wine, citrus fruits, onion, apples
Indoles: Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower
Lignans: Sesame seeds, bran, whole grains, vegetables
Lutein: Corn, leafy greens (such as spinach)
Lycopene: Tomatoes, pink grapefruit, watermelon
Manganese: Seafood, lean meat, milk, nuts
Polyphenols: Thyme, oregano
Selenium: Seafood, offal, lean meat, whole grains
Vitamin C: Oranges, berries, kiwi fruit, mangoes, broccoli, spinach, peppers
Vitamin E: Vegetable oils, nuts, avocados, seeds, whole grains
Zinc: Seafood, lean meat, milk, nuts
Zoochemicals: Red meat, offal, fish
 
Walnuts  - It turns out that walnuts are the superheroes of the nut world, at least when it comes to content of antioxidants, which can fight the free-radical damage that contributes to cancer, heart disease, premature aging and cell death.

 
Stay healthy and young adding them to your regular diet. So why am I telling all this?

One in every 10 Indians runs the risk of getting cancer before 75 years of age. So is Cancer a new disease emerged recently? Nope... Check this link below:
May be the incident rates have increased due to the changes in our lifestyle. 
Lets bring back the healthy lifestyle !! 

As I always say, stress causes cancer of course!!
 
 
So whats the antonym for STRESS?? Now just don think something like De-stress or Anti-Stress..
I just wanna remove Stress out of this word totally :) The antonym for STRESS would rightly be HAPPINESS :)

 
(Note: Some of my pals would have read this piece in one of my Company blogs - please excuse if its a repetition)
 
 
What is happiness according to you ?



Happiness is……………


When I see a smile on my child’s face when I hug her after I come back from work

When I make a delicious dish to my in-laws and family and serve them.

When my child sings a lullaby for me like the way I do

When I get a gift for someone out of the blue for no occasion

When I see a smile on my best friend’s face on account of me

When I am able to witness the first rain drop that falls on the earth on a sunny day :)

When I fill my to-do list and tick each one of them

When I am able to help someone stuck with a technical issue and the solution works

When I'm able to bring about changes in others' life after having fought CANCER

Going for a morning walk with earphones ringing Ilayaraja/Rahman songs

When I clean a particular shelf and it looks clean and tidy

When the students I trained get 1st place in Bhajans

When kiddo sleeps early and I have time for a book :)

When I get the money on my bank right on time to pay the fees of a poor boy (it happened like a miracle one day when I got my medical reimbursement amount and the amount was just equivalent to the annual fees)
We all are bestowed with a good job with an ensured salary. We all have a house to live in and good clothes to wear. Food, clothing and shelter are the basic necessities of a man. Have you read this somewhere?? Ya, Science book!!
Then why is this search for happiness still on the roll?

I had the chance to watch the movie called ‘Goli Soda’ – to tell you the story in brief: Its about four poor orphan boys who struggle to get a place and identity for them. When we have all of these with not much of struggle, why do we crib ?? Its just that we need to balance our life with work and the things we like to do :)

24 hours:
9 hours – work
7 hours – sleep
8 hours – do whatever you like which will make you and your loved ones happy :)


Go for a movie with your loved one
Play with your kid
If you have wanted to become a table tennis player, join a club
Teach kids if you really love Teaching
Cooking / Dancing – whatever… find out what triggers you the most

Have you heard about Ananya’s mother in 2 States? – she had the confidence, determination and hard work to become a singer at her late 40s. She has something to teach us …

On a final note: :) Happiness is all about living a contented life making our loved ones happy and bringing out the altruistic nature of ours and thus acquiring eternal bliss :)

Stay aware, eat healthy, stay healthy, live healthy and happy :)

With loads of love
Vaidehi V C

18 Comments:

Blogger Rama said...

Superb. My brave cousin. My super hero girl :)

March 24, 2015 at 6:32 AM  
Blogger Niveditha Kannan said...

Thumbs up for yet another wonderful write up.

March 24, 2015 at 7:24 AM  
Blogger Bandana said...

Dear Vaidehi, Cant believe you had to undergo so much...Feeling a lot of pain after reading...And really respect you the way you did a brave fight and recovering,also educating people...Just keep smiling,singing,talking and helping others,as you are always...God will always bless you with good health and happiness... - Bandana Chhotaray, your ex-teammate..

March 24, 2015 at 7:27 AM  
Blogger Pallavi said...

Wow...

March 24, 2015 at 7:43 AM  
Blogger Divya said...

A lot more to learn from u :-) Proud of u :-)

March 24, 2015 at 7:46 AM  
Blogger AVel said...

simple and straight from heart talk....I read through your blogs every time I feel low, it gives a lot of reasons to smile and move one...salutes bravo!!

March 24, 2015 at 9:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Rama, Niveditha, Bandana, Pallavi Divya and Ambika 😊😊 your words keep me up and going 😊😊

March 24, 2015 at 9:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Vaidehi, thanks for all the positivism. You truly an inspiration for all.
thank you soooo much

March 26, 2015 at 3:02 AM  
Blogger Suma Sampath said...

Hats off to you bold & beautiful! God bless!♡♡

April 11, 2015 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger Dew drops said...

Really u r great. Hats off to u friend.

May 1, 2015 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger Namma Kanchipuram said...

Ungaludaya payanam vetriadaya valthukkal...

May 13, 2015 at 7:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lots of love to you Vaidehi. You gave me inner strength today when I wanted to speak to a friend but dont know whom to call. I will keep your caring words in my heart always.. Happy to have come in contact with you.

May 15, 2015 at 7:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing this post. I liked it very much.
Renew life heartburn stop

December 31, 2015 at 12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


NICE POST

December 31, 2015 at 1:59 AM  
Blogger sophie klein said...

With the powerful and reliable medicine Dr Masade gave me, i was able to get pregnant my wife and my child Shendeal is the result and evidence so contact him today on masadeinstanthelp@gmail.com and his whatsapp +2349034745112 and get your problem solve.

June 21, 2019 at 4:02 PM  
Blogger sophie klein said...

With the powerful and reliable medicine Dr Masade gave me, i was able to get pregnant my wife and my child Shendeal is the result and evidence so contact him today on masadeinstanthelp@gmail.com and his whatsapp +2349034745112 and get your problem solve.

June 21, 2019 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger National Nutrition said...

Wonderful post. It gives a lot of reasons to smile and move one. Cancer can occur in any body tissue. Each type of cancer will have unique symptoms, growth rate and prognosis. Here is a good post to know more about Cancer related health concerns.
Cancer

January 23, 2022 at 6:50 PM  
Blogger National Nutrition said...

Thanks for offering us such a useful details. Keep up the great work. You can also check out this awarded Vitamin supplement store for nutritional supplements from leading brands www.nationalnutrition.ca

April 26, 2022 at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home